11.23.2010

Unique Christmas Wreaths

One of my fondest memories from childhood was marveling over all the neat Christmas decorations my sister and I were going to put up on the tree, while claiming ownership year after year over our favorite ones. The best part of every year, was the family rushing around the tree, from my father securing it into a water filled bucket, the top tied to the wall. My mother helping us open up all the boxes that had retired from the basement. Oh what joy! There is something about that fresh pine smell that fills the house during the holidays! Post holidays was a sad time, the tree was left undressed and looked very sad having lost nearly all it's needles. While living in Bremen, Germany, on the fourth floor of an apartment building, we soon found it was customary to throw the used tree out the window, to prevent a mess in the stairwell!  Eventually our family found it both more environmentally sound and more affordable to invest in a beautiful faux tree, not to mention less mess!  And so with the faux tree, died the fresh forest smell that we so relished year after year. I've taken it upon myself to bring that scent back into the home in a much smaller, more manageable way; CHRISTMAS WREATHS! Not only are they environmentally sound and simple enough to make, you can put your personal touch on them! They are simply beautiful. I wanted to share with you this years creations!

Materials: 
Industrial Quality Wire - Home Depot
Green Twine, for securing branches around wire
Garden Sheers
Decorations


0 comments:

Post a Comment